After 12 years of full time work, nearly 8 years working for Microsoft (5 in Seattle and 3 in Oslo, Norway), in November 2014 I decided it was time to try something different. I quit my job, eliminated most possessions from my life, and am traveling from a 40+10 liter pack through countries likely to support my budget of $50 / 370 Norwegian kroner per day.
Some things I’ve been thinking of doing along the way:
- Lay on a beach or in the grass, sit in a cafe, and read a book.
- Walk around and explore, taking my time.
- Attend Startup Weekends in various places.
- Hike in the mountains or hills.
- Ride in trains.
- Write regularly here.
- Learn something on Coursera.
- Be inspired and create an iOS app.
- Learn to cook foods from all over.